How To Make Your Own Herbal Flower Cigarettes With Smoking Blends
Smoking has been an integral part of society for a very long time, yet natural tobacco alternatives and other smokable herbs are still widely unknown in North American culture.
Tobacco cigarettes have been used for centuries throughout the world, and in recent years marijuana or cannabis related products like joints have been democratized and legalized in many countries and are now popularly consumed as well in Canada, the United States and Mexico to name only a few.
But did you know that rolling a dry herbal mixture for smoking is not restricted to these two plants? Several herbal smoking blends can help you create DIY herbal flower cigarettes or mixed with your favorite legal herb to better control the effects and reduce their expensive costs.
An important warning here : although many herbal smoking blends companies claim their products are "good for you", they're simply "less toxic". Even then, it's a dubious claim to promote as there is no definitive research on the toxicity of smoking most plants. You should always assume that anything that is smoked is by and of itself harmful to your health and should be used with the utmost care and in no case should you ever smoke when pregnant.
Having said that herbal cigarettes are also an inexpensive and effective way to help stop smoking cannabis and quit smoking tobacco by keeping the habit of smoking while gradually waning off the addictive effects of tobacco or cannabis.
What Are Herbal Flower Cigarettes?
Herbal cigarettes or herbal tobacco refers to a tobacco-free herbal blend rolled into a cigarette or rolling paper for smoking. It contains a mixture of botanicals, spices, and herbs that emit an enriching aroma and flavors as you smoke.
A pre-rolled herbal cigarette commonly sold in the U.S.
Compared to tobacco cigarettes, these herbal or floral mixtures for smoking do not contain addictive substances like nicotine, and compared to joints for cannabis smokers they also do not contain any psychoactive compounds like THC or CBD or CBG.
Eliminating the act of smoking tobacco greatly reduces the chances of developing chronic ailments such as emphysema and life-threatening illnesses such as lung cancer or mouth cancer.
Whilst smoking is in and of itself still harmful as any act of combustion releases dangerous chemicals like tar and carbon monoxide, herbal tobacco alternatives is still a way to enjoy the act of smoking without stressing about the addictive effects of normal cigarettes containing Nicotine.
Why Smoke flowers or smoke dried plants?
There are various other powerful applications to using herbal smoking blends as a nicotine-free alternative to tobacco. The ideal smoking blend contains no stems so it can be easily rolled in a rolling paper without piercing it, has a fluffy texture to easily blend with any other herb you would mix it with and is pre-ground for ease of use and for the burning to be slow, controlled and equal during the act of smoking.
Great smoking blends used for herbal cigarettes or smokable dried herbs also need to take into account the flavor and aroma of the base legal smoking herb so as not to overpower or completely mask the main herb it is rolled with as well as balance out the smoking experience, like reducing the burning sensation in the throat or hiding the smell of burning cannabis or tobacco for people that don't appreciate the odor of smoke inside closed spaces.
But be careful of charlatans! Most, if not all herbal smoking blends manufacturers currently on the market other than Meo Marley's attribute and promote effects and health benefits for the body or mind that are completely unproven, stating ridiculous facts like they could initiate a detoxification process for the body and even relieve pressure on the nervous system without supplying any proof whatsoever.
Herbal tobacco is also a possibility for people searching for help on how to stop smoking weed. Compared to marijuana joints, these flower smoking blends are a safe and effective way to experience therapeutic benefits. They also come with a lesser risk of addiction compared to weed, which makes it a superior choice to relish.
Making Herbal Cigarettes At Home
Pre-rolled Herbal cigarettes currently available on the Canadian and U.S. markets can still contain some percentage of tobacco. The sourcing of herbs for those pre-rolled cigarettes is hard to trace so it isn't really the best choice if you're trying to go all-natural. Even though they might carry various botanical blends that can look appealing at first glance, they might end up being just as toxic as traditional tobacco cigarettes.
While some of these products may contain tobacco to improve the smoking experience for regular cigarette smokers, the best way to stop smoking and switch to a natural alternative to tobacco really is to roll your own herbal cigarettes from smokable dried plants or smokable flowers.
Smokable herbs can also be infused in hot water to make a tea!
A simple way to enjoy a tobacco-free smoking experience would be to create your own herbal cigarettes at home. They are straightforward and quite fun to prepare when equipped with the best smoking blends.
Choosing The Smokable Herbs
The first step towards creating unique herbal cigarettes at home is to choose the right herbs and aromatics that will go into the blend. Typically, the mixture would contain a base ingredient, a secondary ingredient that compliments the base, and finally, a flavoring agent.
The base ingredient would constitute about 50% of the mixture. Therefore, choose soothing and full-bodied choices like Mullein, Damiana, Mugwort for smoking.
The secondary ingredient can be anything that gives the blend a particular kick or punchy touch. Hops, skullcap, chamomile, thyme, sage are good choices for your smoking blend.
Finally, pick a flavoring agent that can be an aromatic spice like cloves, a herb like mint, lavender, ginseng, or a botanical like jasmine or rose petals.
Making Herbal Cigarettes
What You Need to roll
- 0.25 to 0.5 gram of your favorite Herbal Smoking Blends by Meo Marley's
- 0.5 gram of your favorite herb *wink wink*
- Rolling papers - ideally our hemp pulp rolling papers!
- A filter
- "Dry herb" grinder - not with Meo Marley's all our smoking blends are pre-ground and de-stemmed to the perfect consistency!
Our neutral flavored OG Herbal Smoking Blend
How To Prepare
- Start by creating the herbal mixture that requires grinding the ingredients chosen from the previous step. You can use cannabis accessories or dry herb smoking accessories commonly bought in smoke shops or dispensaries like a grinder to make a fine combination of the herbs even if you're not using marijuana or tobacco!
- In a rolling tray, mix your herbal smoking blend and your favorite herb thoroughly.
- Spread the ingredients evenly and be sure to remove any left over stem or element that could puncture the rolling paper.
- Verify that the mixture isn't too dry, or your cigarettes will burn fast or unevenly and will feel much harsher on your throat when inhaling.
- Place a sheet of rolling paper on a smooth surface. Make sure to place the adhesive side facing up if your rolling paper has adhesive ends.
- Use medium-weight paper to create a V shape.
- Add a pinch of the herbal mixture to the paper such that they settle at the crease of the ‘V.’
- Slowly sprinkle the dry herbal smoking blend mix into a line throughout the paper.
- Remove any excess mixture falling outside the line. Do not add too much mixture to the sheets to avoid spills when you roll.
- Roll the sides of the sheet to form a perfect cigarette. Make sure to leave the adhesive ends to stick out if your paper has a gluable edge.
- Insert your filter at one end and then lightly lick the edges of the paper and seal the side completely. In the case of adhesive edges, you can simply glue the roll.
- Compact the herbs with a pusher or the end of a pencil (but not too much or you won't be able to inhale!) and then twist the ends of the cigarette to close it.
- Your homemade all-natural herbal tobacco alternative is ready for use.
Tip: You can also use multiple flavoring ingredients like cloves and rose together to create a fancy fusion you can enjoy OR simply buy any of our smokable herbal blends!
Once your cigarettes are ready, you are all set to smoke them.
A gentleman stylishly smoking a herbal cigarette
- Hold the cigarette up to your mouth.
- Inhale from one end while lighting up the cigarette on the other end.
- Take slow puffs and let the flavors and aroma remain for a moment before you let the smoke out.
These cigarettes do not contain nicotine and therefore are not addictive. These kinds of herbal smoking mixtures are also completely free of psychoactive substances like THC or CBD in cannabis. This makes herbal cigarettes and smoking blends a great alternative choice to smoking tobacco or smoking marijuana, or even to quit smoking those substances completely.
Important points to remember
- The absence of tobacco doesn't mean that the mixture will burn faster than your regular cigarettes.
- A simple way to quit smoking using these nicotine-free herbal cigarettes would be to start with a hint of tobacco in the mixture and reduce the concentration slowly until you completely replace tobacco in a natural way. This method is relatively easy to adhere to compared to stop smoking cold turkey.
- You can switch your cannabis joints with these herbal cigarettes to smoke catnip, smoke lavender and even smoke chamomile to enjoy a relaxing and calming feeling.
Follow these simple steps to create an excellent herbal cigarette you can smoke anytime you like. Make sure to experiment with different herbal blend combinations of smokable herbs while preparing the cigarettes to rejoice in the flavors and benefits. Remember to choose only high-quality, ideally organic botanicals and herbs for the process to reduce as much as possible the chemical traces in your smokable mixture.
And remember : Smoking is bad for you MMmmkayyy!